Sunday, September 25, 2005

Chocolate hot pie apple

The weekend after Labor Day was full of interesting shows and people. We started off in Indiana playing for Tobi’s family, (yay!) then moved on to Louisa KY to open for the up-and-coming hip new country music boy band, Hot Apple Pie.

Okay, I freely admit that even after a year plus of being exposed to country music, there is still very little outside of the songs we play that I actually like. (And sometimes I don’t always love the songs we do play, ::cough:: Devil ::cough:: ) I thoroughly enjoyed listening to these guys; great harmonies, good songs, and awesome, let me say it again: AWESOME musicianship. Their bass player (Keith Horn) just boggles the mind. They’re also just really cool dudes.

However the highlight of the weekend for me came when we performed at the Hershey Park amp theater. :: Musical flashback sequence…:: It was really great to be back at the park; I surprised one of my old supervisors by being there, ate waaaaaaaaaaay more chocolate than was good for me, rode a token ride for old-times sake, and listened to the familiar thunder followed by screams of the roller coasters. All this made me wax nostalgic for a few minutes, and then it passed. As much fun as Hershey was, I’m really glad I don’t work at a theme park anymore; even a chocolate theme park.

On the other hand, our show made me extremely glad that I’m playing with Mustang Sally. Huzzah for much fun being had!

Cheers,
Sarah