Monday, May 15, 2006

World Cup Anxiety #1

Ok, It's coming to that time of the year!!! World Cup is coming and I can't stop thinking about it!
This will be the first time in my life that I will not get to watch all the games, see all the interviews, talk about, discuss and get into fights with people about why somebody is playing really bad, or if eating pork before the game will make the players "slow and heavy", or how come Italy's coach had the courage to put only ONE player on attack, etc...
I have no idea how it is to not care about soccer, to not watch the games, to not be into it, because it is in me, more specifically, in my DNA.

As I am getting prepared for it (starting this week in Korea, I'll be wearing Brazil's jersey a lot), I can't stop asking myself: "Are the German players gonna be able to handle the pressure of having a World Cup at home?", "Imagine the same final as 2002 Brazil v. Germany again, at their own house?", "Are Ronaldo's knees gonna make it?", and since this year we have one of the best teams ever, the most important question : "Are we gonna win, or will we pull a 1982 all over again?".

These are just a sample of the endless questions that go through my mind. It all starts in just a few weeks. For those of you who will be at Put-in-Bay in June, excuse my anxiety... We will be in the play offs during that time...

kisses for all;
Amanda