Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Vanya Petkova


Three years ago, I met Vanya as the bartender who LOVED one of our original songs, "Run, Run, Run".
She had a summer job at the Beer Barrel Saloon, on Put-in-Bay (OH), while going to school to get her degree in Economics.


Since then every time we would be there, or more specifically, every night that we were performing, she would request that song, and also tell everybody how much she loved us and how much she loved that song. Therefore, the other members of the staff started to enjoy the song and request it as well.
Currently, Brenda's lovely voice on "Run, Run, Run" is Vanya's cellphone ringtone, and it has been helping heal a painful breakup from another waitress at the Barrel. Also, I already lost the count of how many people on that island told me "Vanya got me started on that song, now I have it on my iPod, and I'm always listening to it".
The summer is almost over now, we are not playing on Put-it Bay until maybe next year, and last Sunday she moved to Washington D.C. to pursue her Masters in International Economics at the American University, but, regardless, there will always be the friendship between Mustang Sally and the girl from Yambol, Bulgaria that started with "Run, Run, Run".
Cheers for you my friend, I wish you the best in D.C.!
kisses;
Amanda