Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas Parade with MWR!!!!!

Lucky us....

After arriving and getting sound check out of the way we got to be a part of the holiday festivities.

MWR (which stands for Morale, Welfare, Recreation) had a float with our name on it so we could be in the parade with everyone else. We were on a boat. So if you wanna know what floats our boat....FREE CANDY!!!!!!



We threw out candy and had an absolute blast....
I just want to say thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Craig Basil for the boat and candy they provided on behalf of MWR.

What you don't see in this picture is when I got my head caught in the wreath and the police had to come and cut it out..........Just kidding, but it does sound like something I would do.

This is probably one of the funnest things we've got to do as a group.... and I have to say the neatest thing about the parade is they gave trophies to all the participants and even presented Mustang Sally with one.

I did break off one little piece of the wing but it got home intact and I proudly have it displayed in my house.



So Merry Christmas again to all the troops and their families. Thanks for letting us come and spend the day with you and thanks for making us feel so welcome...... Tobi