Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rhythm and Rib Festival

I thought I knew what partying was but if you go to Ottawa, Ohio....you will soon find out. They know how to throw a party. This is like a huge outdoor b-b-cue where 5,000-10,000 people show up to eat ribs and drink beer. We were lucky enough to be the entertainment for this party. But we were not the only show in town.......Oh no. There was a bbq eating contest, cornhole tournament, and Brenda even got up early to run the 5K. For the first time ever I got to see the Weiner Dog Races.....Yes... Weiner dog Races. I had never witnessed this before and I laughed and cheered. One of the funniest things I have seen on the road....Only because during one race, two dogs were running but stopped short of the finish line to sniff each other's rears. It was great and finally by a nose a dog won. I took a couple of pictures so you can see what I am talking about. Congrats to Charlie Brown the winning weiner.








After all the excitement of the races we took the stage and I have to tell you, expect anything in this town. We weren't 3 songs into the show before people were on the stage doing things you would normally see in a bar that had poles in the middle.....If you know what I mean. I loved it.... we were practically hanging from the tent poles and people were dancing on the tables. I can't wait to see what happens next year because this is a show even I wouldn't want to miss playing. Crazy, Crazy,Crazy....but then again... so am I. Tobi