Monday, June 18, 2007

Calhoun, Georgia...Fun in the Park!!!!!!

We have played this show three years in a row and it just keeps getting better. It is really neat because now we get a chance to know the people and we look forward to seeing them every year. Also we get to meet new folks like the lady in the first picture, the "crazy redhead" Diana. I was giving her a hard time because she wanted to come on stage and take pictures of the girls she couldn't get while we were playing so I took my camera and made her pose for me. She was a great sport and a lot of fun.
In the second picture.....I have to tell you nothing makes you feel better then when you show up to play and all these youngsters are in Mustang Sally shirts. Not only are they adorable but thanks to their moms for bringing them every year. Whether or not you know it, we look forward to seeing them every year.

The couple to the left came out and celebrated 22 years of marriage together....Congrats and thanks for dancing.
On the right.....I thought I had a lot of energy but I have nothing compared to this young lady. Her new nickname is Jumping Bean. Also she gave me a bracelet and I wore it home and I still have it. Thanks to all the kids who make shows so much fun.

We had so many things going on this night......we even had a couple of cloggers that danced to Orange Blossom Special and I didn't get a picture of the guy who danced to Mustang Sally but he had moves, ladies, just let me tell ya. Now, picture this: the show is going on and we are having a great time in the park, then all of a sudden the sprinkler system came on! For a second there I didn't know what was going on because everybody was running everywhere and then I saw the water (considering what a hot day it was, I guess it wasn't so bad). We had a great time with everyone and thanks so much for coming out. It is a great event when the city holds music in the park so families can come out and enjoy the night and the park together. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. And thanks for all the entertainment you gave us. I hope we see you next year.....Tobi